The Latin American Congress on Residency Education (LACRE) is a forum for the Americas, focused on people involved in the formative process of residents. The main goal is to offer a space to share ideas, challenges, innovations and experiences of advanced training.
At the end of the LACRE, participants will be able to:
- Describe best practices and research on residency education including aspects related to their clinical work.
- Describe new initiatives in competency-based education and the effect on the teaching process, independent learning and assessment of residents.
- Describe new approaches to promote excellence through the implementation of different teaching methods and assessment in residency programs.
- Understand the importance of curriculum development based on the CanMEDS competencies in residency programs in Latin America.
- Understand the relationship between residency education, quality, equity, and safety related to patient care.
- Know initiatives to promote universal coverage and quality in residency formation, centered on the health needs of Latin American countries.